Monday, September 18, 2006

Ganesh Chaturthi IN Nawab Land

It was last Friday of August, I heard calling bell sound at early morning 7.30 AM, I woke up reluctantly without any other option and opened the door, As I expected It was our apartment watchman standing with donation book and he told it was for Ganesh Chaturti celebrations, I discussed with other roommates and we gave 100 rupees after checking the amount given by other flat members, we really surprised most of them given more than 300 rupees. We analyzed more than half hour about what they are going to do with these money, we found the answer for that in the next day as a Ganesh Idol in our apartment.

As usual my schedule began without any change Ameerpet Traffic & Andra meals, and I surprised when I saw Ganesh Immersion in the holiday list and heard about some information. It was nice to see more& more pooja’s in the apartment for the whole week, for the final day pooja watchman invited us to participate in pooja that was the first time we saw most of our other flat members.(More Aunties who served food for us). All of my roomies were happy with the kind ROI for hundred rupees after food children's games and Anthaksari continued for sometime.

I wondered about the way of celebrations of Ganesh Chaturti in Hyderabad. On the day of Ganesh immersion, thousands and thousands of people participating in the processions along with their family,

100 % Enjoyment, Colourful , Music & Dance.
Processions continued for the whole night (More than 10,000 Idols)
Next day I saw the news about Pollution by these Ganesh Idols in Hussain Sagar Lake. (90 % of the idols made by using chemicals).

Sometimes I used to think why people are spending more money for this kind of celebrations but the acceptable truth is without these kind of festivals and celebrations society will lose its identity & culture

2 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Sudarshan said...

u should go to bombay sometime during ganesh chaturthi u will really be amazed at the scale of celebration...

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger SK said...

Nalla observation!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home