Tuesday, July 11, 2006

DR. V - Visionary

After long time I started to bogging for the person who impressed me.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.

Arvind Eye Hospital, First time I heard this name when I was 10th standard. There was free medical camp in my native place organized by Rotary club and Arvind Eye Hospital for eye related problems Then I came to know many information about Arvind Eye Hospital like they are frequently organizing free medical camps all over Tamilnadu.

Now I like to mention why suddenly the information about Arvind Eye hospital. Last week Dr. G. Venkataswamy, Founder of Arvind Eye Hospital passed away. he introduced a number of innovative programmes to attack the problem of blindness in India, including the outreach eye camps, the rehabilitation centre for the blind, the initiation of a training programme for ophthalmic assistants and the world’s first rehabilitation centre for blind. Dr.V Spent his entire life in “PUBLIC SERVICE”.

He is the recipient of many awards, among them: the Helen Keller International Award, the IAPB Award, the International Blindness Prevention Award by the AAO and the Padmashree award from the Government of India.

Here I like to share a good view of DR. V

Intelligence and capability are not enough. There must be the joy of doing something beautiful.
-Dr. G. Venkataswamy
Long time back I received forward mail which showed percentage of Indians in various sectors like Space research, Medicine, and IT most of them Prominent Institutes so called “MERITS”. I think Indian people need more number of persons like “ Dr.V ” than somebody who increases the NRI percentage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home